Elk City, OK
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Account Manager position will be based in the TX Panhandle or Western OK. The Account Manager is responsible for the service and development of all customers in the assigned region or market. The Account Manager provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with the company vision and values. The Account Manager implements, plans, and strategizes to expand the customer base in the region or market and contributes to the training and education of customers in the area of plunger lift solutions. This role is expected to be self-motivated and work independently while managing direction provided from the Regional Sales Manager, Director of Sales and Marketing, President, CTO, & CEO as applicable.
REPORTING TO: Regional Sales Manager with direct instruction from the Director of Sales and Marketing
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effectively maintains and retains existing customers by building long-term relationships.
- Builds customer base by meeting with potential clients and educating them on the benefits of Well Master products and services.
- Responds to all inquiries, cancellation requests, and sales requests within specified timeframe.
- Travels to visit current and potential customers daily.
- Completes proactive customer “good will” calls.
- Manages and interprets customer requirements.
- Persuades customers that a product or service will best satisfy their needs.
- Implements strategic action plans and coordinates sales projects.
- Calculates quotations and negotiates tender and contract terms.
- Negotiates and closes sales by agreeing to terms and conditions (as approved).
- Offers after-sales support services.
- Analyzes costs and sales.
- Meets and exceeds regular sales targets and goals.
- Records and maintains customer contact data.
- Supports marketing by attending trade shows, conferences, and other marketing events.
- Makes technical presentations and demonstrates how products will meet customer needs.
- Provides pre-sales technical assistance and project education.
- Writes and submits sales tickets accurately and on time following Well Master procedures.
- Builds relationships with other members of the sales team and other technical experts.
- Helps in the design of custom products and solutions and solves customer problems.
- Provides training and produces support material as required.
- Participates in continued education to learn about new products and improve sales techniques.
- Utilizes Customer Relationship Management Tools to track customer progress.
- Tracks personal sales statistics and submits them to the Sales Manager for period reviews.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND REQUIRED ABILITIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Handles multiple customer projects simultaneously
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Presents themselves professionally and intelligently to customers of a variety of backgrounds
- Ability to make presentations and convey complex subjects to an audience of one or 20 persons
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Positive attitude
- Strong business acumen to effectively communicate and deliver value proposition to customers.
- Strong leadership skills, with excellent oral and written communication skills, including group presentations
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- College degree preferred
- Oil & Gas sales experience, Artificial lift experience preferred
- Maintenance of a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record required
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401-K Match
- Vacation and 5 PTO days